1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Android 2.3.5.. I'm Luvin it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ankitnice, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ankitnice

ankitnice Member
    None

May 21, 2011
    Engineer
    New Delhi, India
    Hey guys, after being damn sceptic about whether or not I should move on to gingerbread from the official 2.1, and with too much of self talks, I have managed to, very swiftly, install android 2.3.5 on my phone. and trust me people, i have fallen in love with it... the phone is now responsive as hell and hasn't stuck or froze, even once since..... If this voids your warranty, it is worth it.... here's the link on moDaco that I followed... I would reccomend it to all...

Advertisement

2. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2011
    Male
    Rotorua, New Zealand
    Just thought I'd let you know that you don't have any links there and there is already two other threads for updating to 2.3.5 :)

3. simon194

simon194 Member
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    My task for this evening is to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3.5 now that BT wireless headsets work. That was the only thing that was stopping me from upgrading.

Edit: And now I'm back to 2.1 because manual network selection doesn't work

4. ankitnice

ankitnice Member
    None

May 21, 2011
    Engineer
    New Delhi, India
    well, the good news is that BT headset does work on this one and i have been using it since the upgrade, without any problems, whatsoever....

5. hitman87

hitman87 Member
    None

Dec 13, 2010
    India
    can u please provide the link for the same?
    I want to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3.5..

EDIT: i upgraded my phone to 2.3.5.. its good..

6. bbaaxx

bbaaxx Lurker
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Gingerbread is nice, but my phone is still as unresponsive as it was before. Even after running the supercharger script (V6). Angry Birds (rio) still runs chunky. And my apn keeps disconnecting from time to time.

Please tell me if I'm the only one with these issues to try and figure out if I did something wrong.

Cheers

7. Delsus

Delsus Android Enthusiast
    None

May 14, 2011
    If you overclock your CPU it should help with angry birds, but some areas will still have a low frame rate, to overclock go to CyanogenMod settings, performance CPU settings, but do not go over 826MHz or your phone will be less stable, if it is not stable at 826 then drop it down untill it remains stable.

Also the only reason I think your APN would be disconnecting is the settings or there is no signal, I have never seen this problem.

8. bbaaxx

bbaaxx Lurker
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Delsus, thanks for the tip. Angry birds works quite better with the overclocking.
    What I've noticed regarding the APN disconnections is that it happenns when I have too many apps running on background. Still trying to figure out what it is.

Thanks for your help on the overklocking.

9. Delsus

None

May 14, 2011
    Hmm I have never known APNs disconnecting when you have too many apps open at once, first I would just make sure there are no mistakes in the APN settings it should not be the problem but there is no harm in checking.

10. djpailo

djpailo Member
     #1,029

Sep 20, 2010
    How safe is it to overclock the phones CPU?

try using the advanced task killer from the market.

11. Delsus

None

May 14, 2011
    From what I have seen it is perfectly safe to overclock the CPU, as long as you dont go over 825MHz, the phone also seems to have a failsafe because if the clock speed is too high from what I have seen on these forums you get constant force closes, so if you see that the clock speed needs to be reduced.

Just dont change the minimum clock speed, only change the maximum because the stock minimum clock is the minimum required to run android and the phone will not work if it is any lower.