• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3.6 ota is here. Just downloaded mine

Did not know that. Ppdates to my moto droid didn't appear that it was assigned by area because I knew a few people that lived near me that had the update and I didn't. This was a few years ago.

I believe they also assign it by IMEI number so they can pinpoint the right model on their networks. This can also cause a delay in the same region, or even let a device slip through the cracks.

Upvote 0
if it said unavailable you can manually move your time forward one day and try again, it should show up then.

as for the new updates, one was removing home button lag, so double pressing doesnt take you to vlingo anymore. there were a few bug fixes and battery improvements also. someone on xda posted everything they fixed, dont remember where it was though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones