1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support android 2.3 keeps restarting my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by junggle71, Aug 1, 2011.

1. junggle71

junggle71 Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    since i updated my htc z its been restarting none stop have just taking out the battery now..need help..who else...all the otha phones are also like that wen they have updateed

Advertisement

2. Quaay

Quaay Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    I am having this problem too. It's really pissing me off because I need to use my phone. I was happy with 2.2, if I knew there was any chance of being screwed over i never would have "updated". Is there anyway to go back to 2.2?

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    If by "restarting" you mean rebooting then I suggest a factory reset.

4. cbw1976

cbw1976 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
  5. hkcharlie

hkcharlie Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    It's every time I switch out from an application hitting my "Home" button, everything disappears and it has to reload the home screen, it's not a full reboot, but it's long enough to be annoying.

I'm going through a procees of removing apps to see if it's any of them that is causing the problem.

Not happy !

6. JollyRocker

JollyRocker Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    I have exactly the same problem with my HTC Desire Z as hkcharlie. Practically every time I exit apps by pressing home key I briefly get the white screen of death with the green HtC logo and then the black transparent "loading" screen while the home screen reloads. Not only that, but when I go into the Apps menu, it has to reload all the names/icons. It was a great phone up until now (apart from the battery) but now it is a royal pain the hole. :mad: It has also completely frozen a few times and had to remove the battery to reset as nowt else worked. :mad:

This again, has only happened since the wireless automatic update to Android 2.3. But my wife's same phone, bought at the same time, from the same place on the same network and updated at the same time, is completely fine. :thinking: Curiouser and curiouser.

I have also noticed that I'm having to use the lifesaver SDrescan more and more as it keeps losing the index(?) of taken and downloaded photos and videos. Which it always has done, but it's certainly more frequent. By that I mean multiple times per day. And even then I still can't see all images that should be in my Download gallery.

I can see a full factory reset coming on to give it a kick up the botty. Obviously I don't really want to do that cos I'll lose all my apps, photos and texts so it's an absolute last resort... unless anyone else has any bright ideas??

7. MartyB79

MartyB79 Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Have the same problem as jollyrocker, especially everytime I install or update an app
    I too don't wanna go for factory reset ....... The only solution I found to work for this sproblem is to get rid of sense itself
    Just install a different launcher ... Go launcher ex works great... Not sense.. but close
    Just clear default settings of HTC sense , then hit home button , the you should have the choice between Sense and other launcher you downloaded.. just choose that other one and make it default
    This has work for me... But really miss sense .. hope they have a fix soon... Or rooting it is ! Cyanogen here I come!

JollyRocker likes this.
  8. JollyRocker

JollyRocker Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Thanks MartyB79. I had no idea that was an option. This is my first android phone so didn't realise you can essentially replace all the OS inner workings! :rolleyes:

I've found GO Launcher on the market so I'll be installing and trying that later tonight. In fact I've been using GO SMS for months for customisation and alerts as the stock version is kak and never told me when I had a message waiting. :mad:

Now I'm glad I asked. Watch this space!! :D

9. jjaakk

jjaakk Newbie
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Engineer
    Melbourne
    I had the same white screen with green logo each time I pressed the Home button (on my HTC Desire).

Instead of changing the launcher, I have disabled WidgetLocker. It had an immediate positive impact, in that pressing Home button now works without any problem. But I have the default screen lock now.

10. wendolene26

wendolene26 Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    I find that when I am listening to the radio and using googlemaps with the gps switched on the phone will spontaneously restart. When it restarts the radio fires up again but when you access the radio app it then switches the radio off and restarts. I lose my gps map and if im using the imap run app to track how much exercise and where i go that screws up as well. ANy suggestions?

Tags: