1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android 2.3 Update problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skeletine, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Skeletine

Skeletine Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Since updating to 2.3.3, from 2.2.something, I've noticed a lot of problems, and wondered if there are any fixes, or if they might be my fault to begin with. I'm considering hard resetting my device, although I was hoping that would be a last resort.

1) After updating, I am left with 6 contacts. I don't know why these contacts survived, but all others appear to be gone. In addition, I cannot add contacts. Well, I can add a contact, but they will not show up in the list of "All" contacts.

2) Somebody's name/picture will be showing up in our messaging conversation, and then disappear all of a sudden, and go back to just being a phone number.

3) I know this seems more like a Facebook issue, but it was never a problem until I updated my OS: my own picture and name do not show up on my contact card anymore, or in my conversations.

4) Also, this is vague, but my messaging force closes SEVERAL times a day. Force closes were very rare pre-update.

I know none of these are probably problems with concise remedies, but I just wanted to know if it's just me, or if other users are experiencing similar issues.

(HTC Incredible S)

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    moved to incredible s forum :)

3. Wickens

Wickens Newbie
    None

Aug 11, 2011

I'm having that problem now, my girlfriend is texting me and last night it was working fine. Now all I see is her phone number and nothing else.

For some reason my phone is even showing that her number is NOT in my People yet it is. It will even let me add the number to her contact AGAIN without updating the texting image.