• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3

radmedico

Lurker
Jul 16, 2011
so i was trying to figure out how to install android 2.3 on my lg thrive. as i was doing my research i found LG thrive belongs to one of the LG optimus p500 series . if that is true how about flashing Android 2.3 available for LG optimus. will that work on LG thrive. can any one gimme advice ......has LG thrive got its share of android 2.3.???

This has been tried and tends to end rather badly. The the Thrive/Phoenix are just enough different in some key areas that using one of the ROMs from the other Optimus phones causes some pretty goofy issues. Some people have been able to get it working to a point however they are stuck with a monochrome blue screen others completely bricked there phones. Basically we need our own ROM custom made for this phone so far, to the best of my knowledge, one does not exist. I'm sure eventually someone will make one but right now your stuck with Froyo unless your colorblind and brave.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones