• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.x on Galaxy

So a small update:

- sonique/mustymod never returned. So either it wasnt him, or he doesnt live up to his promises :(

- We know that the response that the 1.5 secrill returns for some of the AT commands is not what the 2.0 system expects. We modified a couple of functions and can now printf every command.

The command data is a struct, which we need to identify. I think this struct changes depending on the command type.

Anyway once we can print the data, we can compare it to what the 2.0 system wants and reformat it. We may need to do this with alot of commands. However once we've done it we should be good for future version even if we never ever get a new baseband firmware or secrill from samsung!

Upvote 0
Not everyone uses twitter. What is more, it's currently down ;)

What it said was: Spica is getting 2.0, Samsung Mobile confirmed. Samsung Firmware thinks [still] Galaxy is getting 2.0 too.
I still find posting from my phone a chore so was going to elaborate later ;)
But yeah, informale got it, but they did add the caveat that 'the cpu of the galaxy is lower than the spica... but we think 2.0 is coming for the galaxy'. Paraphrased, but the gist is there :)

Upvote 0
This Samsung Firmware twitter user isn't in any way official though, so it's all just more rumour.

We know that. But they are quite trustworthy, as they seem to have some contacts inside Samsung. And, again, this time they say Samsung Mobile confirmed 2.0 for Spica. And this is backed up by official reps of O2 Ireland as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones