1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Android 3.1 Will Charge Port work as USB HOST

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrislandguy, May 30, 2011.

1. mrislandguy

mrislandguy Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    I Really Need to know This I Need to be able to Download pics onto the tablet from DSLR without buying the Docking Station,,,,
    Can You buy a adapter or differewnt cables that convert it into micro USB,, if so can you please send a link thanks

Advertisement

2. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    KCMO
    If you're not going to get the dock, then it looks like you'll have to wait for the phantom USB dongle that popped up on the Asus Italy page. As of this moment, that is vaporware. Not sure about the USB to micro USB adapter. It might work or it might not. A quick Google of "USB to micro USB adapter" turned up a ton of hits for places to get them though.

3. mrislandguy

mrislandguy Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    It just doesnt make sense if i was to get a dock it would just make better sense for me to get a high powered netbook which is virtually the same thing... This transformer is going back if i cant get the USB HOST working from the 40 pin connector.... Will a regular cable work??? (A usb to micro usb adapter or am i wasting my time and money)

4. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    KCMO
    I suspect you'll have to wait until you device gets upgraded to 3.1 then buy the adapter and try it out to see if it works. Not sure if it'll work or not or if you'll have to wait for Asus to release their USB dongle.

I don't shoot jpg files so I can't say that this is something I'll be trying out myself. I've got a dock coming as I'll need both USB ports to transfer images straight from my card reader to a couple of 2.5" back-up drives. All processing will have to wait until I get back to something that can run my software and do so without choking.