• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.0.3 cannot install any app

A

Android Question

Hello
I am a first timer on this site, but I need to ask for help since I cannot find anything on google.
My mother owns a Viewpad E100, it has Android 4.0.3 installed, it is obsolete, but she doesn't want to replace it unless it breaks down (which I get the feeling it is happening).
Problems started months ago, the tablet comes with an app called Mobile Market, (I tried to install Google Play on it, but unless I am mistaken, this tab doesn't support GPlay).
Back to the issue, the Market just would not download apps, we finally worked around it and she started using the amazon app store, now yesterday the same issue was happening with that one, we discovered her external SD card was faulty, because we tried it with another one and had no issue.
But now, the tablet is without any external SD card and she can't download anything, it keeps telling here there isn't enough free space, when the settings show she has more than 800MB free.
We already did a factory reset and it's still the same way, so my question is, is there any way on that version to change the default install location? or does the Tab have a more difficult problem? (I get the feeling it does).
Thank you all for the help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones