• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.0 (ICS) - when?

I know Samsung are taking their time, but really if you have ever owned a Symbian device you would not complain. Ask an N8 owner how long they waited for Belle on their phone, literally years. If I have one thing to be thankful to Nokia for it is to learn to wait.

ICS will come when it's ready. Give Samsung a break the device is less than a year old. Besides how many owners of SGSIIs will actually update when it does come along ? My guess is less than five percent.

Upvote 0
What would you recommend and whats the issues?

Im running XLPH. Only usablilty issue I have is that when Im using hands free blue tooth in my car, and a second call comes in, the audio cuts out when I connect to the new call. I have to select headset to de-activate and then reconnect. From a smoothness standpoint, there are a few graphical studders here and there and scrolling is not the smoothest. None of it is a deal breaker for me though. Battery life has been good and data connection has been solid (this version automatically loads correct APN settings for ATT, the previous version did not).

Upvote 0
I know Samsung are taking their time, but really if you have ever owned a Symbian device you would not complain. Ask an N8 owner how long they waited for Belle on their phone, literally years. If I have one thing to be thankful to Nokia for it is to learn to wait.

ICS will come when it's ready. Give Samsung a break the device is less than a year old. Besides how many owners of SGSIIs will actually update when it does come along ? My guess is less than five percent.

Bang on the money, coming from a long line of Nokia smartphones, couldn't agree more.

I'm on LPH unofficial with no problems, and will flash the official version as soon as it is available ;)

And Hi Dyno :)

Upvote 0
Where do i find the csc code

Enter *#1234# in the dialler. Your current firmware (PDA), baseband/mode (Phone), and CSC versions will be displayed.

and what do i do with it?
If it's unbranded the CSC should contain the 3-letter code XEU. If I remember correctly however, you stated in a previous thread that you purchased the handset from Carphone Warehouse? If so there's a good chance the CSC code will be CPW, indicating a non-generic firmware.

Upvote 0
If it's unbranded the CSC should contain the 3-letter code XEU. If I remember correctly however, you stated in a previous thread that you purchased the handset from Carphone Warehouse? If so there's a good chance the CSC code will be CPW, indicating a non-generic firmware.

You are indeed correct and the CSC is CPW. I'm guessing that in relation to updates, i'll have to wait till CPW pull their finger out?

If that is the case, what can i do to unbrand it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones