1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android 4.0(preview on page 2)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rexdog1888, Oct 19, 2011.

1. jivens716

jivens716 Well-Known Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Just be sure to read the thread, I think scotty with his love of ADB may be the only person here that actually decides to run the rom in it's current state. If someone does I hope for some screen shots.

3. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

I'm @ dinner right now but ill try it when I get home & take some screen shots for yall

4. rexdog1888

Should have pictures in 10-15 min

EDIT:Sorry, but it actually took about an hour

Yeahha likes this.
  5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

6. rexdog1888

Thunderbolt ICS Port([ROM][PORT][WIP][DEV] ICS Tbolt port Prealpha 1 - Thunderbolt Development - RootzWiki)

http://phandroid.com/2011/10/26/htc-thunderbolt-receives-pre-alpha-ice-cream-sandwich-port/

Okay here they are. Sorry for the blurry pictures, I was using the camera on my iPod Touch.

When you first boot up the phone this is what you get,
    ICS Lockscreen:
    [​IMG]

If you unlock the phone(difficult w/out touchscreen, involves ADB) you get "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped,":
    [​IMG]

If you make that message go away(very difficult) you get
    ICS Homescreen(well really its the homescreen overlapped with the setup screen, I cant seem to make that go away):
    [​IMG]

If you press the volume button you get,
    ICS Volume Bar:
    [​IMG]

If you hold the power button you get,
    ICS Power Options:
    [​IMG]

If you turn the phone to landscape(very, very, very difficult without working orientation sensor) you get,
    ICS Landscape:
    [​IMG]

Again sorry for the blurry pictures. I might take some better quality ones later.

EDIT 4/24/12: Sorry had to finally take this down, i ran out of space....not that anyone will probably ever look at this again but if for some reason someone does
    Video(not great but whatever):
    Download link: ICS Video Preview

This is all hosted on my dropbox, if you feel like helping me get more space so i can leave this up longer click the link below.

Guesst, jivens716, scotty85 and 3 others like this.
  7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Nice, I can understand the issues without things running proper. I can't support your dropbox as I already have an account, FYI your sig only shows up under the first post each page, http://db.tt/brlRnXd

If you want I can host the pics

rexdog1888 likes this.
  8. rexdog1888

Its okay, i have enough space to leave them for now, thanks though. The video is up now, its not that great and i cut out the long pauses where i was typing in adb so it looks jumpy.

Yeahha likes this.
  9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I can't view the video yet since I am still at work, kinda shocked I can see the DB images :eek: will have a look in a little over an hour after I get home.

10. Thats

Thats That guy is This

Might not get the Nexus now that this is somewhat working. :O

11. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

12. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

if the whole reason to switch is the firmware,then i wouldnt. if you can live with TB hardware,just wait. as soon as source is released we will have cm9 wich will undoubtedly be even better. :D

as has been said,this sdk port will likely never amount to anything daily useable. but it is neat to see it. thanks rex or sharing :cool:

Thats and rexdog1888 like this.
  13. rexdog1888

14. EinZtein

EinZtein Android Enthusiast

It's obvious they have targeted the corporate world based on what I see in the pictures.

BB is done and Android smells blood.

15. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

BB was done a while ago. The only reason they were at the top for so long was due to there being no viable alternatives. Android has been getting more focused on enterprise with every update, but the lack of standard hardware along with the hacking community and the OS being open source scares away many corporations (or their people over tech support) from adopting it

16. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

While the hacking thing is probably a legitimate concern (I sure would not want to support a bunch of rooted phones running 20 different ROMs), open source should be a positive.

My wife is now thinking about getting a smart phone (finally). Yahoo ending their free text alerts was the final straw. I want her to get the nexus, but she insists on a keyboard, so I guess we will be getting a Stratosphere. It ships with GB, so it should eventually get ICS, although from what I have read Samsung is as bad with updates as HTC. It has been rooted. Hopefully if they get the Charge RIL figured out it will get CM7/9. Or maybe the D3. Also rooted, and already has some development, but no LTE.

17. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

Samsung is getting better with updates and in another year I think they will be the best for getting updates out, if they aren't already. As far as motorola, there were leaked pictures yesterday of the Droid 4 with LTE. But who knows when that will be released.

18. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I saw the Droid 4 pics, too.

19. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I didn't think it looked much different from the Droid 3

20. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

I think the keyboard is a little different and the look is more consistent with the RAZR. But the biggest difference is that it's rumored to have LTE.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews