• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.0

Upvote 0
I gave the ICS you mentioned a try and quickly returned to dGB. A lot of hard work is going into getting ICS ready, but I think it will be a while before there is a finished article for the Desire. If you read through the thread it is clear there are a number of issues to be sorted out, but hopefully it won't be long until they are. More than happy with dGB.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Giving ICS another go, using the one SUroot mentioned and it is stable and working fine.

Edit: don't know if this will help anyone who wants to try out ICS but if you go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1416641 and then look at my posts #334, 338 and 357 you will see what I did to get it up and running on my desire.

You need stock hboot to begin with and a partition on your sdcard. To get a2sd working use Terminal and type su [return button] a2sd install [phone should reboot itself].

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones