• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 4.1.1 working on arm v6 device. would porting be hard to do?

thsts the spirit... sry about your loss

20111007androidsalute.jpg

*plays taps*

Upvote 0
wonder what it would cost to fix from sam. if just send it in to get fixed like bringing you car to the shop if it's broke? also again wonder how and what they do to fix it? like if need a brake job and your not mechanically inclined well they do it and you say wow!!!, wish i could do something like that. now if someone teaches you to do a brake job, well then can do it yourself. so if we could find out how and what samsung does, then we could do our selfs. on the internet, anything is possible and with torches and a welder you can make anything. and an electronic wiz can build a computer from scratch, ect......

Upvote 0
^Ha, I was trying to figure out the same thing. Though I think in the case of a hard brick, they just replace the phone.
still gotta be a way to fix it. like take out a part and install a new one or something. the board has to be rebuildable. garage door opener logic boards i send in and they find out what is wrong and fix it and then it becomes a rebuilt item and works fine after that.

Upvote 0
still gotta be a way to fix it. like take out a part and install a new one or something. the board has to be rebuildable. garage door opener logic boards i send in and they find out what is wrong and fix it and then it becomes a rebuilt item and works fine after that.

Chances are they (samsung) don't care how to fix it. When mass produced at the quantity they roll these things out it is cheaper to replace entire mainboard and throw a refurb sticker on it then say here you go.

According to a buddy of mine it would have cost him 3 times as much to fix his old phones board as it did to buy a new one and that wasn't even a smartphone.

But I would be curious and watch a video of one being fixed if available.

EDIT: Quick search and looking at mobile Tech Videos in previous links does show that they support hard bricked phones. They charge $40.00 so with more research maybe in this case you can fix it at a reasonable cost.

Upvote 0
I bricked mine with rom manager some time back. I didn't do the footwork and I got bit! It was still under warranty and Samsung sent me postage by e-mail and I sent it in. They replaced printed board and sent it back. I'm still using that one. Only difference is now I try to do proper research before flashing anything. Took about 8 days tops to get it back.

Upvote 0
i sent mine in after attempting the 301 jig that i built which didn't work. They flashed it and sent it back to me minus lock screen popup capabilites. i then flashed shabbymod .2 or w.e is was then.. Send it back, nothing we can do! But hey the Prevail is breaking apples patents. it may not be around much longer.! ?!?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones