• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Xoom

Been running official 4.1.2 on my Xoom Wi-Fi for quite a while now, but it's been so long I can't remember what was new. I don't think it changed much though and was more under the hood stuff. I turned my UK Xoom into a GED version a few days after I got it.

Google have announced no more official updates for the Xoom, so 4.1.2 is the last OTA version it will get. Root is the only option to try newer ROMs now.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I sure hope someone can answer this for me. My xoom is ready for the Jelly Bean update, however I keep hitting the "install later" option, as I am not sure I want to do this. My reason.... I heard on other forums when the update came out for android phones, users with Verizon service noticed that they could no longer use their phones as hot spots without having to add that to their contract with Verizon, and then be charged for it. I have had my xoom for over 2 years and that was the main reason I bought it, it was able to be my hotspot no matter where I went. I use it for wifi for everything in my home with a shared data plan with Verizon. So my question is, if I update the xoom to Jelly Bean will I no longer be able to use it as my hotspot in my home? I really didn't want to call Verizon and ask them about this, I have enough trouble with their customer service and tech support as it is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones