1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android 4.3 is available

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrPuddington, Dec 20, 2013.

1. MrPuddington

MrPuddington Lurker

The official update for the Toshiba Excite Pro / Write to Android 4.3 is available in the US and in the EU region. Just check the Service Station or Settings / Updates.

Generally my impression of the update is quite positive. It feels a bit smoother now, especially in games. There are a few new features in 4.3 that I like, such as the toggle buttons in the status area. The battery consumption during sleep is much more reasonable (another improvement of 4.3 or of the hardware support).

I still have to try miracast, but the option is there now. The issue with the tilt sensor is also fixed, at the expense of being a bit slow now. I had no crash so far, but I have to see how that is going.

On the downside the screen flicker in manual brightness is still there - that may be a hardware problem. The much stronger flicker in automatic brightness seems to be fixed, but the range of brightness is still inadequate, maybe even worse than before.

I found one or two apps that do not like Android 4.3, and force close sometimes. I would expect those apps to get fixed soon.