• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy S4

Samsung said they are bringing this feature back for the gs4, but it won't be in android 4.3. If it comes with 4.3, that will be Samsung's TouchWiz doing, not Google's 4.3
This is already available in international phones i believe, if not already available it is in test releases as I had it on my phone before i installed the google edition ROM

Upvote 0
Any word if the GE rom is 9505 only or will there be one for that works with 9500 also? Specs I read for GE S4 phone makes it look like it is based on the 9505 hardware.

As for the whole apps, space issue: new official rom with move to SD support, root and folder mount = no space problem.

Might get lucky and find that it can be ported over to the I9500 but that would be it,I can't see Google or Samsung doing it for anyone! Personally I do quite like some if the Samsung features over Google's, I like the toggles available on Samsung Roms vs the Google edition :)

Upvote 0
Might get lucky and find that it can be ported over to the I9500 but that would be it,I can't see Google or Samsung doing it for anyone! Personally I do quite like some if the Samsung features over Google's, I like the toggles available on Samsung Roms vs the Google edition :)

Yeah hated the Toggles, Liked the Notifications though. I switched back to Stock Touchwiz yesterday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones