• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.3 will be announced on July 24, possibly with a new Nexus.

Teh_zantor

Lurker
Jul 17, 2013
Google is having an Android event on July 24.
As some people may know, Google hints at the OS version of a new device by the time on screenshots, like the Nexus 4 time being 4:20. On the Google Play website, the Google Edition GS4 and HTC1 are at 4:30. The Nexus 4 is now available with a free bumper, so evidently Google wants to sell the N4 out soon. I suspect that the Nexus 5 will be announced, but not Android 5.0. It is possible that 4.3 could be called Key Lime Pie.

Reactions: funkylogik
4.3 is still being called jelly bean internally

I wouldn't expect to see a new nexus phone this soon. That's a typically a fall thing. Maybe the nexus 7, as that was announced last summer.

From what I've seen, its a breakfast with the guy in charge of android and chrome. So it doesn't even have to be android related, although it probably is

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones