1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android 4.4.1 - Imminent (ITS LIVE-post #23)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Coops025, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Coops025

Coops025 Newbie

What fixes would you like to see?

I would like them to resolve the slow shutter speed on the camera and up the volume on the system side of the device.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

The random dropping from an H to a G signal, if it is software related.

DMajor239 and steveu694 like this.
  3. steveu694

steveu694 Android Enthusiast

No complaints here.

4. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

That's probably to do with your network, o2.

5. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. I can upgrade in March, but didn't know whether to go 4G with O2 or jump to another network

6. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

Camera speed and group SMS being sent as SMS.

7. mk_ultra19

mk_ultra19 Android Enthusiast

Fixes I would like to see

- A better camera app with more functionality, burst mode, shutter speed etc.
    - Fix the rotation bug of photos in the gallery (when you rotate them to right side up and
    press save ) It keeps saying " saving " forever
    - Any audio enhancements would be a bonus

8. nitramus

nitramus Well-Known Member

The biggest problem is the damn Wi-Fi. It is getting so bad if the update does not fix it I am seriously considering returning the phone.

9. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

A faster camera would be nice, more accurate wifi signal reporting, and maybe something to turn down how much juice the mobile data radios use while connected to wifi. With mobile data enabled and connected to wifi, I lose 5% per hour of standby whereas with it off it's less than 1% per hour.

10. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

In what respects?

11. steveu694

steveu694 Android Enthusiast

Well, I have had issues in which the translucent notification bar is dark, so that would be a good fix. To make it transparent. But haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. Even posted a thread here on it in the past week. No one replied.

12. nitramus

nitramus Well-Known Member

It keeps dropping in some way. Not sure how or in which way but have to restart Wi-Fi VERY often or airplane mode. This has been mentioned quite a lot and I have tried everything.

13. Bullitt_McQueen

Bullitt_McQueen Well-Known Member

Coming from an S3, I'd like to see - as others have said - a faster camera in terms of shutter speed. Also, I think the auto focus could be a bit snappier (see what I did there?).

Otherwise, having been afflicted with the disastrous Samsung 4.3 update and buying this phone as a result of that, the phone is an absolute dream. The UI is iPhone slick. Sorry about saying the "i" word. Ahem.

14. Hunter5

Hunter5 Android Enthusiast

This maybe old school but Juice Defender works extremely well for me, wifi on and on standby I lose about 1% every 2 hours.

Actually I just checked my phone as I was typing this and I've been off charge for 5hrs 33mins and I'm at 98%. I'm at work on wifi and have only used this phone for a few text messages.

jhawkkw likes this.
  15. Bullitt_McQueen

Bullitt_McQueen Well-Known Member

+1 regarding Juice Defender. I've used this for years and would never be without it.

jhawkkw likes this.
  16. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

It seems the update should be coming within the next week if not sooner and will fix the camera.

Hunter5 and Rxpert83 like this.
  17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Hopefully they finished the RAW camera API that was supposed to be released when the N5 came out

18. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

19. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It never did make sense how hard the marketing is pushing the camera.

Its great for a nexus, but by no means should be the main selling point of the phone :rolleyes:

20. RodsterBG

RodsterBG Newbie

All I can honestly say is maybe make it faster, which I'm sure they will be doing. As for anything else, I really have no problems with it.

21. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Same, that was the only problem I had with it.

22. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

23. Schex13

Schex13 Well-Known Member

Just adding on to this, I have found that using a Trigger command (Formally NFC Task Launcher) works really well for this. I created a task to turn off mobile data when connected to wifi (though you do have to specify networks, it doesn't do it just for any wifi connection) That seems to have worked well. It's a shame that it can do this automatically without me using my NFC tags because they're just fun to use:p

24. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Guess I should flash the stock kernel back, :rolleyes:

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews