• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.4.1 - Imminent (ITS LIVE-post #23)

Fixes I would like to see

- A better camera app with more functionality, burst mode, shutter speed etc.
- Fix the rotation bug of photos in the gallery (when you rotate them to right side up and
press save ) It keeps saying " saving " forever
- Any audio enhancements would be a bonus

Upvote 0
Coming from an S3, I'd like to see - as others have said - a faster camera in terms of shutter speed. Also, I think the auto focus could be a bit snappier (see what I did there?).

Otherwise, having been afflicted with the disastrous Samsung 4.3 update and buying this phone as a result of that, the phone is an absolute dream. The UI is iPhone slick. Sorry about saying the "i" word. Ahem.

Upvote 0
With mobile data enabled and connected to wifi, I lose 5% per hour of standby whereas with it off it's less than 1% per hour.

This maybe old school but Juice Defender works extremely well for me, wifi on and on standby I lose about 1% every 2 hours.

Actually I just checked my phone as I was typing this and I've been off charge for 5hrs 33mins and I'm at 98%. I'm at work on wifi and have only used this phone for a few text messages.

Reactions: jhawkkw
Upvote 0
This maybe old school but Juice Defender works extremely well for me, wifi on and on standby I lose about 1% every 2 hours.

Actually I just checked my phone as I was typing this and I've been off charge for 5hrs 33mins and I'm at 98%. I'm at work on wifi and have only used this phone for a few text messages.

Just adding on to this, I have found that using a Trigger command (Formally NFC Task Launcher) works really well for this. I created a task to turn off mobile data when connected to wifi (though you do have to specify networks, it doesn't do it just for any wifi connection) That seems to have worked well. It's a shame that it can do this automatically without me using my NFC tags because they're just fun to use:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones