1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android 4.4.2 Bluetooth music cutting out every 3-5 minutes?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by anananana, Jan 6, 2015.

1. anananana

anananana Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2015
    Android 4.4.2
    Sharp Aquos Crystal
    Head Unit: Pioneer MVH-X560BT
    Bluetooth is very clear on calls and on media in the car.

However, when using media - it cuts out for a second or so every three-five minutes.
    The drop out has no visible signs on the phone or on the head unit.
    The drop out does not stop the song from playing - aka it is not a 'pause' in music.
    I have tried turning off all Wifi scan settings/location settings, etc - same issue.
    I have tried disabling Wifi completely - same issue.
    I have tried re-pairing devices - same issue.
    I have tried re-naming the phone and re-pairing devices - same issue.
    I have tried clearing cache for apps - clearing app data for Bluetooth on phone - same issue.
    I have tried soft resetting the phone - same issue.
    I have tried leaving the screen on so the phone doesn't sleep - same issue.
    I have tried upping the music buffer settings in Poweramp - same issue.

The issue will happen at least once per song or once per every 3-5 minutes approximately.
    The devices pair perfectly and do not lose their pairing - e.g they never need re-pairing.

Except these drop-outs, everything else works perfectly as far as controlling the phone through the head unit, receiving calls, etc.

I have tried using Google Play Music, Spotify and Poweramp - same issue.
    The issue does not happen on the phone itself when listening to music, or when using the auxillary jack - so it is confined to Bluetooth.

I have paired the same car head unit with my wife's iPhone and it worked perfectly.

If anyone has any clue as to how in God's name I can get this to stop dropping out, please let me know! Thanks

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Have you tried streaming from your phone to a different BT device to make certain the problem is the phone's problem? Sometimes forgetting a BT connection and setting it up again buys something. I wish I had more
    to offer.

3. Hamesie

Hamesie Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2015
    Male
    I have got an Xperia Z1 Compact and am having exactly the same problems. Apparently a lot of android phones are having the same issue and no one has figured it out. I think everyone is hoping that the new version of Android will fix the problem. I've tried a couple of mates' android phones and they all have the same skipping issue. Iphone's work sweet. So frustrating!

4. Hamesie

Hamesie Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2015
    Male
    Here is one possible solution that I found:

One more solution that resolved the intermittent connection problems in my 2011 Nissan Altima. Set the visibility timeout to never time out. Click on settings-bluetooth-click menu button--visibility time out and set to "never time out". I had no issues after I made this change.