• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android 4.4.2 Various Questions

noman naseer

Oct 10, 2019
no one help me on xda-developer forums my problem is android 4.4.2 started but shutdown immediately after start due to no battery showing 1% battery critical battery shutdown and even charger is connected and its not showing and my battery is fully charged too. how to fix is problem how to stop android to shutdown. plz help me i will send you my firmware files. if u need it plz fix this problem in my firmware. please

Last edited by a moderator:
would help to know what phone you have? does it have removable battery?

sir this device is E05 dlp mini projector and it have builtin battery yes i can remove battery and i have tested batter its working fi9 and even charge my battery on my external charger.

let me tell you one thing first. my original stock firmware got bad so try to find its original firmware online but its Chinese product so i can not find firmware online so i found same specs and same kernel ver and android ver other model projector firmware that is Toumei.C800.series. which is working on my projector booting and starting android but its not detecting charger and battery levels and so that shutting down android immediately with critical battery error. if i send u this firmware can u edit to make it work for me.

Attachments

• E05.jpg
    E05.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 0
KitKat (ver. 4.4.2) was released in 2013 so it's a very dated version of Android. A typical battery that's also from around that time will be most likely close to the end of its use-life so it's not surprising if the battery is starting to fail. They don't last forever, most are rated to last at least a couple of years before their performance starts to degrade. It's an unavoidable occurrence.
Note that even if you buy a new battery to replace the old one, there's very little chance the new battery will have been manufactured recently. Any battery manufacturer won't bother to continue making batteries that match up with old, unsupported devices, there's no financial incentive to stock-pile old batteries that may or may not ever be sold. Another unavoidable issue is a lithium based battery will age no matter if it's constantly in use or just sitting idle on a store shelf. (It will degrade faster being used, but it still ages at a much lessor degree being completely idle). So whatever battery you buy now for your old device will probably hold a charge better than your current battery but will still be at a diminished capacity.
A workaround would be to just always keep your device plugged into its power adapter, or if portability is a factor buy a new, high-capacity, external battery and keep it plugged in constantly.

Upvote 0
sir battery is new working fi9 its not about battery even charger it is also not detecting charger. this happens because its not a stock rom i have installed because stock rom i coudnt find so i try some other model rom this problem happens after that rom i have installed.

do u know how to disable or stop critical battery shutdown in android. that can fix my issue

Upvote 0
One thing for anybody attempting to help the OP... They stated in the other thread that they flashed the firmware from a different model. This is likely the reason for the issue.
https://androidforums.com/threads/e...irmware-fix-help-needed.1314833/#post-7919809

The battery is likely not being recognized anymore and surprising that it still boots. Any attempt to help the OP must involve flashing the original firmware.

Here's a quote of what the OP said in the thread:
"i can not find original stock firmware online but i tried Toumei.C800.series firmware. which is working loading android but when android start it show critical battery error and shutdown android immediately. how can i stop this shutdown ? can i send u this firmware can u edit to make it work."

Reactions: noman naseer
Upvote 0
boss charger is connected and battery is new and its fully charged but firmware is not stock its from some other projector model i guess charger ic driver is not comparable with the hardware if some one knows how to update kernel file or charger file in boot.img of this firmware can fix my issue my charger ic is BQ25895

Upvote 0
any one knows how to edit kernel.img or boot.img files coz i guess the boot or kernel is from C800 that projector have 7.2v battery and my projector have 3.6v battery thats why low voltage. and power button is also different i need to edit kenel.img file do any one know any tool to edit? and open files

I know how to edit the boot.img, however I can't assist you because this image belongs to another device.

The best I can do is link you to the tool I use to edit images in linux.
https://androidforums.com/threads/dev-tool-mktool-unpack-repack-boot-recovery-images.922168/

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones