• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.4 roll out release leaked ??

scotty001

Nov 20, 2010
UK
For some Jan 2014

memo-566x318.png

Source Leaked Samsung memo details KitKat rollout

Reactions: 2badmice
Ive just managed to update mine an keis from the dodgy 4.3 to updated 4.3 it took over an hour and several emergency restores :mad::mad: as it wouldn't update correctly and had to go into emergency recovery, but it finally worked

I've just come to the forums today to see the news posted from Ironass so I will give it a try tonight. Anything to get my battery life back would help tons, sick of having it run out in the evening when I get home. Feels as though I have gone back to my old HTC.

Upvote 0
I just got KitKat on my Nexus 7 yesterday, and although I haven't played with it much, my initial impression is that unless you expect some bug fixes, don't expect much different. It's pretty much the same user experience, which I guess is good. But it's not like when I first had a device with Jelly Bean and then wanted to replace my GB devices.

Upvote 0
I just got KitKat on my Nexus 7 yesterday, and although I haven't played with it much, my initial impression is that unless you expect some bug fixes, don't expect much different. It's pretty much the same user experience, which I guess is good. But it's not like when I first had a device with Jelly Bean and then wanted to replace my GB devices.

I'd go so far to say that my N7 looks and feels the exact same. Not worth the buzz imho.

Upvote 0

I'd go so far to say that my N7 looks and feels the exact same. Not worth the buzz imho.

These posts are like letting air out of a balloon :(

Upvote 0
These posts are like letting air out of a balloon :(

Hopefully there are some hidden things, but I wouldn't be disappointed with an update that just improved performance.

I'm not sure if this is KitKat related, but Flipbook seems much more responsive now. Before at some point after looking at numerous articles it would slow down. Perhaps having more memory available helps?????

(Or it could be just chance.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones