1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

android 4.4 self deleted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fletcher Crowe, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Fletcher Crowe

hello, i have a polaroid tab 8 i got from a supermarket on sale a few years ago and it ran on android 4.4 and all was fine but one morning i went to use the tablet and it was in the dev menu. i tried to restart the device just by turning it off and back on but it would only boot into the dev menu, ive tried to download versions of android to load onto it so i can use it again but i dont really know what im doing and it gets as far as verifying signatures but then it fails to verify and im back to the menu.

if someone can please give me some advise or point me in the right direction that would be great, im just finding it impossible to get it up and running.

thanks in advance,
    p.s im new, if this isn't the right section or something is wrong then i apologise

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

lunatic59 likes this.
  3. Fletcher Crowe

ive looked at that site before and my device isnt on the list, i even contacted the support and they told me they cant tell me anything related to the os and that im on my own with it.

is there a way to load another version of android onto it?

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

No, you need to get the firmware specific to your device, so you need to properly identify what your device is.

lunatic59 likes this.
  5. Fletcher Crowe

I’ve tried to identify my tablet from the list but none of the numbers on the back of mine match up to devices on the list.

Here’s an amazon link to my tabelt if that helps at all.

Polaroid Tab8 7.85" Tablet 16GB Quad Core Android 4.4 KitKat 5MP https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ERT5IWO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hDBwCbW247DRB

Thanks

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Personally I'd just buy a new tablet.
    Not worth the headache in my opinion

7. Fletcher Crowe

Yeah I’ll probably have to, just wanted to try and save it as It was a good tablet and i miss using android.

I’ll just have to save my pennies and get something decent.

Thanks for your help tho guys

8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Without showing any serial numbers, could you let us know what numbers are on the back of the tablet? You might also be able to get the model number on the recovery screen.

Unforgiven likes this.
  9. Fletcher Crowe

The number I get when I boot it up is. RK388_P791_20141014.142908

10. Fletcher Crowe

Also, on the back the modle number just says: P791

That’s is apart from serial and batch numbers.