1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android 4G on Verizon to Replace Crackberry Bold

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DylanMitchell, Jun 20, 2011.

1. DylanMitchell

DylanMitchell Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    I'm up for a new phone and have decided to go with Android. What Android based 4G phones will Verizon have with a full keyboard similar to the Droid 2 Global, Droid Pro, and Blackberry 9650? The most important features to me are 1 call quality, 2 reception, 3 messaging capability (e-mail and SMS), 4 Web, 5 3rd party apps. I'd like to get a new phone between now and december.
    I was waiting for the 4G Blackberry Bold to roll out but Blackberry is too far in decline. RIM is loosing investors, laying off employee, and scrambling to upgrade the specs on their phone delaying release. RIM has realized their behind Android and Apple.
    I've been reluctant to give up RIM's excellent tech support, keyboard, strenght in e-mail and messaging with great call quality.
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome to AF.com!! One option is to get a bluetooth keyboard that you can use for long emails, and then an on-screen keyboard for shorter emails. That will open up your phone selection much wider.

alamoe likes this.
  3. alamoe

alamoe Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 22, 2009
    None of Verizons LTE phones have a full keyboard.

4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Make sure you try out any keyboards in person. Don't assume that one person's "good" keyboard is good to the next. Even BB users didn't agree on which BB model had the best keyboard. It's a highly subjective matter.

Good luck. There's no centralized and objective comparison of all devices out there on these two aspects. The responses you'll get will be based on anecdotal evidence which really doesn't mean much.

This criteria really won't narrow down the options. Any device will do. These are really app questions more than device questions. You're not stuck with stock apps like the BB.

What types of email accounts do you have? If you have pull accounts (e.g. POP) then you'll be less happy with Android as there is no BIS equivalent in the Android world.