• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 5.0 do u think it'll happen

5.0 was a rumor for long time, but now people are almost positive the next release will be 4.3, and that it still might be Jellybean instead of....Mabye Key Lime Pie?

And js but why did you post this in the Elite all things root thread?

That is true

Since the I think international s4 got a leak for 4.3 already and it's still jb and not klp

Upvote 0
Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
There is 4.3 out for an exclusive few devices, especially the new Google Play devices. Concerning 5.0 and Ubuntu, my thoughts are in a similar vein. It may take a couple more tries and revisions to get there, but my bet is that the end of the line is a Ubuntu distro.

I just can't wait for virtualization :D

Upvote 0
There is 4.3 out for an exclusive few devices, especially the new Google Play devices. Concerning 5.0 and Ubuntu, my thoughts are in a similar vein. It may take a couple more tries and revisions to get there, but my bet is that the end of the line is a Ubuntu distro.

I just can't wait for virtualization :D

Yeah 4.3 is hitting all the Nexus devices and S4/One GPEs ... eventually the S3 (leaked builds in the wild.) The Nexus 7 hardware refresh tab will be the first device to launch with it. As for 5.0 I agree. Ubuntu may end fragmentation for android ... but given HW requirements will we see the end of mid level and entry level phones?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones