• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 5.0 Lollipop Update: OTA Schedule by Device

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    LG just announced the LG G3 Lollipop update is incoming and we know a LOT of people will be wondering when THEIR phone will get the update. So... I'm starting this list that will contain all devices with known or rumored time frames.

MANUALLY UPDATE TO ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP:

LOLLIPOP UPDATE SCHEDULE:

Nexus 5: Nov. or Dec. 2014

Nexus 4: Nov. or Dec. 2014

Nexus 7: (2012 & 2013): Nov. or Dec. 2014

Nexus 10: Nov. or Dec. 2014

HTC One M7: By February 1st, 2015

HTC One M8 : By February 1st, 2015

LG G3: by end of 2014 (Poland week of Nov. 10, other countries imminent)

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet: End of November

Motorola Moto X (1st/2nd gen.): Planned upgrade, date unknown.

Motorola Moto G (1st/2nd gen.): Planned upgrade, date unknown.

Motorola Moto E: Planned upgrade, date unknown.

Motorola DROID Turbo / Ultra / Maxx / Mini: Planned upgrade, date unknown.

Samsung: has been teasing Lollipop... but details scarce

Sony : Early 2015 (Z2/Z3 devices); TBC (remaining Z-series devices); unknown (other devices)

Mods and Guides: feel free to keep this updated with the latest info!

Reactions: kate and Mikestony
    Wow Google, do you even Nexus anymore?
    Considering the nexus 5 and 7 had it since June for people to toy with, I don't see the big deal. People in the US are going to be waiting months for their carrier branded OTA's anyway.

No device has gotten an official OTA yet, I don't understand the reasoning for pitchforks you see some people bringing out. Google never said "you'll have it by X date"

Upvote 0
    After KitKat ended up being more disappointment for many (except for those lucky few who had a Nexus 5) and being mostly incremental overall, and being there has been no major visual or big update to Android since Jelly Bean, i don't blame most of us for being a bit impatient! especially as each Google app after another gets the Material treatment, it only makes us want it even more!

Reactions: Rxpert83
    Upvote 0
    After KitKat ended up being more disappointment for many (except for those lucky few who had a Nexus 5) and being mostly incremental overall, and being there has been no major visual or big update to Android since Jelly Bean, i don't blame most of us for being a bit impatient! especially as each Google app after another gets the Material treatment, it only makes us want it even more!
    Googlers have mentioned this is the largest update androids ever had.

The changelog shows :eek:

http://aosp.changelog.to/aosp-KITKAT-LRX21M.html

Reactions: bjacks12 and Thom
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones