• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 5.0 : Next major android update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google is yet to announce it yet. But after going through multiplr of the articlds I came to know about the things that are most likely to be in d next update of android. And I mentioned those pojnts in my blog. I am still looking for more data so that I can write a post about the features of KLP.

here I am posting 1 more link from gsmarena for ur referance,
http://www.gsmarena.com/google_trolls_devs_at_i_o_with_images_of_key_lime_pie-news-6074.php

:D

Upvote 0
Key Lime Pie I would put much further out. As only most Nexus devices have 4.3 today.

If you recall, they let us sit on 4.2.2 for a while longer than usual - everyone expected 4.3 at IO. I think that they are hoping to get more devices 4+ rather than introducing a new version. Personally, I would guess early 2014 as they will want to focus on hardware during the xmas buying season (chromecast, Nexus 7, possible new Nexus 10, chromebooks, etc.).

And while they have said that 4.3 is the last JB update and the next will be K, I do agree with bjacks12 that there may be a 4.3.1 that could come out, but just as a bug fix.

Upvote 0
Please don't let it be a pastel card-based ripoff of Windows Phone/8 like the Play and Google apps turned into! I can't stand pastels and black text on white hurts the eyes and consumes battery with AMOLED displays, also looks totally dumbed down. I can't even use my new laptop as I hate Win8 that much. Every time I update an app or use Gmail I cringe. Not only is the color scheme butt ugly but it is so oversized it reminds me of DesqView from like the 1980s-era of computing. Great for folks with poor eyesight but I happen to see quite well. Don't need Fisher-Price.

Upvote 0
Naturally there will always be a new version on the horizon.

There have been rumblings of an October release for the past several months. It sounds nice to have 5.0 coming out along side android 5th birthday party, but in reality there's very little hard evidence to go on here.

We really know nothing about the features, release timing, or even if that's really the name.

Rumors are rumors. Some pan out, most in the tech world don't. The only thing you can do is hold on and enjoy the ride. :)

Upvote 0
Didn't Google confirm KLP as the name not too long ago? Wasn't there like an Android version evolution image of theirs with the erect robot eating a piece of key lime pie?
http://www.techartics.com/google-employee-confirms-android-5-0-named-key-lime-pie/

Google employee artwork back in December of last year.

That doesn't make it official ;)

Theres a key piece of information that website overlooks (and immediately jumps to conclusions)...Key lime pie was already the rumored name when that art was drawn.

Therefore, it could easily be that employee's speculation. Just because someone works there doesn't necessarily mean they have insider information. And if they had it, they wouldn't be possibly risking their job for a doodle

Might it be called key lime pie? Sure, that's my guess as well. There aren't many K dessert options, but everything is still speculation at this point. :)

Upvote 0
Naturally there will always be a new version on the horizon.

There have been rumblings of an October release for the past several months. It sounds nice to have 5.0 coming out along side android 5th birthday party, but in reality there's very little hard evidence to go on here.

We really know nothing about the features, release timing, or even if that's really the name.

Rumors are rumors. Some pan out, most in the tech world don't. The only thing you can do is hold on and enjoy the ride. :)
Let me tel one thing about the rumors. Most of the rumors are rumors but the most accepted tech rumors are mostly correct. In tech industry rumors are good for the company because it gives them free publicity and branding. so some people has also the opinion that the rumors are basically leaked news from the company itself for the sake of branding and publicity.
Key Lime Pie seems to be the that kind of rumor. So we can consider it. :-D :p

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
The reason for the delay in launching KLP is supposedly due to the company wanting to give OEM's some breathing room, as they are currently still trying to update their phone portfolio to the latest Android 4.2.2 "Jelly Bean" platform.

But the report states, every new version of Android arrives with millions of Android devices already a major version of Android behind and millions more a small version of Android behind. That kind of gap has never stopped Google from launching a new version of Android in the past, and likely won't stall the launch of Key Lime Pie this year.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones