• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I decided to manually flash it onto mine. I downloaded the full firmware, and then extracted it. I followed the fastboot commands and made sure I did it with out the -w so it didn't wipe my data. Worked great! I'm now on 5.1 and all is well.

I have used the Nexus Root Toolkit for most of my manual flashes. Worked great going from 5.0 -> 5.0.1 -> 5.0.2 and now -> 5.1. Can also use NRT to quickly re-root after doing the updates.

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0
I have used the Nexus Root Toolkit for most of my manual flashes. Worked great going from 5.0 -> 5.0.1 -> 5.0.2 and now -> 5.1. Can also use NRT to quickly re-root after doing the updates.
I have a Linux machine, and I didn't have any luck using the NRT with wine. I just manually flashed the TWRP recovery and then flashed SuperSU from recovery in order to root. It worked all fine and dandy. [emoji4]

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones