• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 6.0.1 Issues

pmokover

Sep 8, 2011
I have an S6 Edge on Verizon. Ever since I got the Android v6.0.1 upgrade a couple of weeks ago I have the following issues:

1. I can no longer connect my S6E to my PC (Win 10) via USB. Prior to the upgrade I just connected the phone and PC via a USB cable and the PC recognized the S6E as a USB device. I could easily copy files to/from the phone as I can with any other USB device. Now, since the upgrade, the PC doesn’t even recognize that the phone has been connected. Yes, I have USB Debugging turned on. I’ve tried on four different PCs. This is a big problem for me.

2. Wireless charging works less reliably. Prior to the upgrade I had no problems with wireless charging. Now, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I have three wireless chargers. Same problem now with any of them.

3. I use a pattern to unlock my S6E. Prior to the upgrade, when I woke the phone from sleep I just entered the pattern. Now I have to first swipe to the right and then enter the pattern. Not a problem but an inconvenience. One more step.

4. Battery run time is noticeably less since the upgrade.

Any clues appreciated!

Peter

1. Does your phone show up in Windows Device Manager?
2. I have no issues with Samsung charger so can't comment.
3. I use thumbprint so can't comment.
4. There is an app on the App Store called Doze. Since I installed it my battery life is far better. This is different to the doze function on the phone which only works if the phone doesn't get moved.

I would try clearing the systemcache. Although it is recommended you factory reset after an upgrade, I find it a hassle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones