• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 6 reversion on a different phone, any issues?

I'm on a loaner Samsung J3 phone from a cell repair shop which broke my Moto X (2nd gen) and has promised me a replacement Moto X. The Samsung J3 just did two rounds of system updates and now that phone is on Android 7, Nougat. I do not think the Moto X is scheduled to get Android 7 and I'm wondering whether, when I go back to Moto X and Android 6 if I will have problems restoring my apps back to that replacement phone on an earlier Android version? Or might there be any other issues involved in migration to an earlier op system? The tech said something about possibly retaining/putting back the stored data/memory from my broken Moto X on the replacement Moto X. If he did that would make the switch back without issues, I suppose.

It took quite a few hours to go through all the migration onto this loaner phone and getting things back to my comfort zone. I would hate to have to build all my apps and settings manually when I'm back on Moto X.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones