• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 7.0 Bluetooth Transfer

Jerome James

Mar 2, 2017
Have the HTC 526 and the AT&T 5044R. Sent downloaded videos from the HTC to the AT&T. Accepted each video and played some. When enough time passes those messages disappear and finding them is beyond me. I see the file manager has a bluetooth section where where the transferred videos were found but is there a way for all Android phones? Is there guidance to find incoming images/video in an Android phone in general?

It does depend a bit on the phone: it may be in Bluetooth, Downloads, or Downloads/Bluetooth (probably all in the internal storage, unless you've told it to save to the removable SD card). That's nothing to do with it being an image or video, just what your phone's default location for receiving files from Bluetooth (I'm assuming that the ATT device is another Android phone or tablet and it's that we are asking about).

Your Gallery app can probably find them wherever they are on the device though. And you can ask it to tell you where they are (select the image or video then use the menu to get more information about it), and use a file manager to move it if you would prefer it to be somewhere else.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones