1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android 7 in MicroBook

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chrissylimm, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Chrissylimm

Chrissylimm Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    G'day, I am chrissylimm, from Australia. I hope you can help me figure this out, I bought an Android 7in Microbook in Feb this year. The first unit was faulty and I was sent another which worked for 2 months and is now would not start up. The dealer told me to send it back and they will refund/or replace with a 3rd Android. When the 2nd Android was working , I had managed to set up my gmail account. I do not remember being asked to set up with my password. I just used the "manage application" option and I could read my mail. I had only used the Android to read and send messages only. I would like to return this faulty Android to the dealer but am afraid that my gmail messages will be easily accessed read by those who try to repair it. My gmail activities are in the Android and I have not had a chance to reset the gmail out of the Android. Now I cannot even open or start up the Android. May I have your views? Am I in a compromising position as my gmail is not protected. Thanks, Chrissy

Advertisement

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Hi Chrissy! Welcome to the forums!!

I understand your worries... I am not sure how best to proceed.

When you were told to return it to the dealer, do you mean take it back to a shop? If so, perhaps your best bet would be to speak to the people in the shop when you take it back!

I can't remember if there is an option to dis-associate a device from your gmail account - I would have imagined so though. I'll have a quick check and let you know what I find.

I'm sure that someone on here will have an answer for you though!!

EDIT - just had a very quick look (I'm at work at the moment) and can't seem to find anything but, as I said, I'm sure someone with a bit more Android knowledge than me (only had my device since March) will be able to advise!

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums. :)

You will definitely have been asked for a password to setup your gmail account so if you're worried, you can change your password via gmail on your PC. Does that help?

4. Chrissylimm

Chrissylimm Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    SIR, Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I bought the Android 7 on line from a well known online retailer. I am given a postpaid docket to return it to the dealer. There is no face to face interaction. I have bought from this dealer before. There is no pickup or drop off to their warehouse. I had returned the first faulty unit the same way. In that first instance, I could not even start up the unit so there was no problem regarding the Android memory. Cheers and your input is much appreciated., Chrissy

5. Chrissylimm

Chrissylimm Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2011

yes, El Presidente, thanks very much for your input. I have 2 other notebooks at home that I use and setting up the email accounts was a long process. Not the Android. I am trying to remember how I set up the gmail in the Android. I do remember that it was not like setting a gmail account in the other 2 notebooksl. I did not provide personal information. I just located the managed application tab and got connected by wireless. When the Android was working , all that is needed was turning it on and select the internet mail option and up came my messages and gmail folders. It was easy to use when it was working. For safety first I will change the password anyway. Cheers, chrissy