• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 8 Oreo Rolling Out Now

Not 100% sure if the turning on animation changed. There seems to be a lot of changes to power management. One of my gripes on my HTC 10 was I couldn't add a shortcut for NFC to the quick access buttons in the notifications area. I had to always go into the phone settings to turn it on and off. They fixed that in Android 8.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
I updated mine about a week ago, instantly noticed the battery usage was alot higher, completed a factory reset and the battery-life is still alot worse that it was with 7,

The weird thing was even after a reset the percentage usage doesn't match with the items that have used it in the battery settings. I can be down 10% and the apps listed only add up to about 4% or 5% usage.

Anyone else noticed this?

Upvote 0
I updated mine about a week ago, instantly noticed the battery usage was alot higher, completed a factory reset and the battery-life is still alot worse that it was with 7,

The weird thing was even after a reset the percentage usage doesn't match with the items that have used it in the battery settings. I can be down 10% and the apps listed only add up to about 4% or 5% usage.

Anyone else noticed this?

If you touch one of the apps that has a used percentage in the battery settings it says inside that it's a percentage of total app usage. So it's a percentage of the battery used so far for apps only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones