• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 9 Pie suggestions (gestures)

Dan1593

Lurker
Aug 13, 2018
Hello,
I just came from my Oppo Find 7a with the ColorOs from Oppo, based on Android 4. They had some nice gestures, which would be really nice for Android 9 Pie.

1. Turn screen off if you tap the home button twice fast
2. Take a screenshot if you wish over the screen with three fingers
3. Minimizen the screen if you wish diagonal over the screen
4. Bluetooth sound increases disproportionately
5. Change the camera (front and back) if you wiggle the handy with camera app on
6. Scroll the status bar if you wish from top to down anywhere on the screen
7. Let the user decide if he wants the back button on the left or the right side at the bottom of the screen

Let me hear what you guys think.

My Pixel has number 5 - I turned it off quite quickly. So I agree that personal customisation is the most useful feature, since what's ideal for one may be a liability to someone else.

7 can be achieved with third party apps (e.g. Custom Navigation Bar). However I personally think they should have ditched the back button and replaced it with a swipe right on the pill (swipe left already being "switch to most recent app"). More consistent, and easier than reaching across for the back button (again, you can use apps to customise position - I moved my back button closer to the centre for ergonomic reasons).

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones