• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Account Help..

VsUK

Jun 2, 2011
Hi, i'm a bit of a beginner with tablets but learning quickly, however i got my kids one of the superpad 2 flytouch 3's & i've created a gmail account linked with android so i can see what apps ive installed but it dosnt recognize the device linked to my account.
I have a Asus Transformer T101 also & this shows up on my other account i use for myself but the flytouch 3 is not recognized.

Normally this wouldnt be a problem however i cant search for apps i have to buy & need to use the desktop to buy the apps i want, but i can't until the device is recognised as it always says no device attached to this account!

When i recently did a firmware update with Toms latest release which has improved overall speed & look & when signing into android market with the login info it synchronized or at least it said it had.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi, i'm a bit of a beginner with tablets but learning quickly, however i got my kids one of the superpad 2 flytouch 3's & i've created a gmail account linked with android so i can see what apps ive installed but it dosnt recognize the device linked to my account.
I have a Asus Transformer T101 also & this shows up on my other account i use for myself but the flytouch 3 is not recognized.

Normally this wouldnt be a problem however i cant search for apps i have to buy & need to use the desktop to buy the apps i want, but i can't until the device is recognised as it always says no device attached to this account!

When i recently did a firmware update with Toms latest release which has improved overall speed & look & when signing into android market with the login info it synchronized or at least it said it had.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I'm just guessing here as I haven't had the problem you describe but I suggest you clear all the google services data on your tablet and then try to connect to market again. Its in menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all/google services framework/clear data. Reboot the tablet.

Upvote 0
I believe it is because of the way Google recognizes the tablet. The Transformer is recognized with the built in 3g. Google uses IMEI numbers to identify devices. Your Flytouch does not have one since it is not a 3g device without an adapter. I don't know if there is a work around other than a 3g dongle. Both my tablets do not show after I have set them up with Google, it just says no devices.

Upvote 0
I believe it is because of the way Google recognizes the tablet. The Transformer is recognized with the built in 3g. Google uses IMEI numbers to identify devices. Your Flytouch does not have one since it is not a 3g device without an adapter. I don't know if there is a work around other than a 3g dongle. Both my tablets do not show after I have set them up with Google, it just says no devices.

That all makes sense, but if I ask market to show me my downloaded apps it does so, no error messages. Or are we talking about different things?:thinking:

Upvote 0
That all makes sense, but if I ask market to show me my downloaded apps it does so, no error messages. Or are we talking about different things?:thinking:

I think the OP is talking about apps that allow you to "send to phone" through Google or some of the G-mail features that let you see the different android devices you have enabled. I don;t remember the one I tried initially but when I went to look at my pad it said no devices attached to this account even though I had just download and installed a ton of stuff.

Upvote 0
Isn't that why the editing of the build.prop was done by some, and now their tablets are recognised by the market?

If your tablet is your only device for the market app, then I'm sure that editing the prop.file is the best way possible as at today?

I'm not advocating that you jump right in and mess about with editing your build.prop file right now, just trying to shed some light on this common problem and it could be that the devs could come up with a more simple solution for those who find themselves in your situation.

Upvote 0
Hi sorry for the late late reply, been away on business & completely forgot about my post :(

The issue is not with downloading apps but with the synchronizing of my device, for example with my asus transformer t101 if i do a reinstall of my firmware & start fresh or try something different, anyways with my asus tablet when i sign in to my android market with my account info, it asks me if i want to download & install all i had before again & in 1 go which can take a while download & install all the aps & settings i had before i did a fresh start. With superpad 2 flytouch 3 it dosnt because & im only presuming here is that no device is detected when i log into android market from my pc which i need to do if i want to buy apps but cant initiate the install to device because its not detected.

I have no idea about what you said the prop.file as i attempted some editing of a file to make the market show me all the apps as many apps i see with my asus tablet i cant see with the flytouch 3 tablet.

Upvote 0
From what I understand the FT3/SP2 is not officially supported by Android market so will not appear in the market.
The "My apps" or whatever it's called is connected to the gmail account and not the tablet (log in to gmail on the pc and you will also see the list).
Apart from hacking I know not of away round it but...........Android market can be a bit schizophrenic, one minit you can download an app on the FT3, one minit it's blocked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones