• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android, Adobe, Flash: The Future Is Tomorrow

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Well, I just got into San Francisco where I will be attending the Adobe Android Summit, the culmination of the company’s work to bring their Flash platform to mobile devices. Try as hard as he may, tomorrow morning will prove that Steve Jobs wasn’t single handedly able to kill off the service that has become [...]

More...

I have to agree that Jobs is utterly and completely 100% wrong on his stance with Flash!

+1

I bet he feels he cannot change his stance now can he. The man made a big mistake.

I love that! He has basically said that the iPhone will NEVER have Flash, and how aweful Adobe is. But now Android will have Flash, and I think this will be a big deal, especially in a year or so when people start looking to upgrade from their current iPhones. He'll see Android marketshare eat more and more into Apples, and won't be able to do a thing about it because his ego is so huge, he won't admit to a huge mistake like that. And even if he does, who's to say Adobe will want to work with him now? And as for Flash being a main cause of Macs crashing, is that really Adobes fault, or is that Apples fault for thier OS not being very efficient?

He thought the iPhone would dominate the market and could just dictate the future.

Typical Jobs. He thinks Apple is always right, and everyone else is always wrong. Like he's mad at Google because "We didn't go into the search market, but they came into the phone market." He's acting like nobody new is allowed into the phone market. But I doubt he felt that way a few years ago when he decided to get into the phone market with the original iPhone. But did we hear Motorola and Nokia and Samsung griping about Apple invading their turf? No, because they know that's how the game rolls. Steve is now learning this, but it won't do any good, because of his aforementioned massive ego.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones