• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android and torrenting

sonyboyj

Jun 28, 2012
Canada
No torrent client in android has a stop feature. Just a pause option which keeps you connected and your IP address on everyones peer list. My question is if you shutdown a Bit torrent app like utorrent or aDownloader do you disconnent from everyone and no seeding takes place. And if you remove a files and don't delete it does the file seed. II like the stop option on PC because you IP disconnects from everyone till you wanna start again.

Also no all torrents are illegal I sometimes download Linux distros on my phone cause my 3g is faster then my satillete internet.

Actually Transmission bittorrent on Linux, Mac and Win only has a pause for the torrents it's downloading or seeding. To completely stop it you either have to remove the torrent from Transmission's torrent list, so it's no longer seeding, uploading or downloading, or shut down Transmission completely. Think most bittorrent clients operate like that.

Upvote 0
I've used utorrent , vuze and tixati on PC they all have stop option , so with stop and shouting down the program its pretty good to say there's no seeding and all peer connections are cut . but on android its weird but I guess if you pause and shutdown the app it should be the same as PC. Right no seeding and your IP address will disappear from other peoples peer list

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones