• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android and WiFi

hackaholic

Lurker
Feb 28, 2009
I've had G1 for a few weeks now and it's a fine device and all, but I can't get on my schools wi-fi network. Every page comes up as a generic Error, this page can not be displayed page and every online app won't work.

I'm not sure what kind of security they have, they use a program\system called i-prism to restrict use of the internet on the schools computers and wi-fi network that requires a login with your givin username and password.

I like to use firefox portable on the schools pcs via flash drive instead of IE, and when I first open it, a pop-up comes up making you log in with your given login and password. It's not web based but a seprate window so I think it's a diffrent protocal. Once you enter your login it lets your computer and apps access the internet. Now for some reason or another, it doesn't me to do so on the phone. It just shows the error page.

I tried calling tmoblie and they said "It just doesn't work, it's a problems with blackberrys too". That may be true but with the nature of android and its programmability, I was thinking of a simple app hardcoded to enter my login and pass with the protocal they use. If it helps I think they use a program\system called i-prism for this. Any ideas? :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones