1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android and Word with Friends on ASUS tablet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tvb2727, Dec 29, 2011.

1. tvb2727

tvb2727 Lurker

I just bought an ASUS Transformer. I download Word with Friends from the market, but it doesn't let me log into Facebook on my account I already have set up. Anyone know how to sync my existing account on my new tablet?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast

3. downdeep

downdeep Lurker

I'm having the exact same problem, with the same tablet. Here is what I've found.

I downloaded words free from the android market, and it installed version 4.62 on my phone. I downloaded it on the Asus Transformer with Android 3.2 honeycomb and got version 3.61. Version 4.62 asks to log in with your facebook account where 3.61 does not.

The amazon app store does not differentiate between the versions of android and allowed me to download and install the 4.62 version on the tablet, but it would not run. I got an error each time it I started the App.

My guess is that Zynga has not released a new version of the app that is compatible with Android 3.2 which allows you go connect with facebook as well.

4. Mlanclos

Mlanclos Lurker

I read your issues from a few months ago and mine is with the same program, but a little different.

I bought my Transformer this weekend and downloaded all of my apps. The way it presents on my tablet is Landscape with the chat window open on the right side.

I cannot rotate it to play Portrait for larger letters as I could on my iPad.

Also, the items I purchased aren't available, i.e., tile counter, word rating, etc.

The biggest issue though is that after I play my turns it doesn't update when the other player completes their turn.

I have to either delete all of the data through Settings - Apps, and then login again to get the updated 'turn' list, or I have to wait and wait and wait for it to pop up, sometimes it takes hours before it shows me that it's my turn again. When I can see on my phone that they other person played and is waiting on me.

It's very frustrating and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Thoughts?

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews