• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android App Bundles -- What do you think?

Hi all,
I recently started a new company, Android App Bundles | Save Money on Droid Apps and we'll be selling android apps in prepackaged bundles at ridiculously low prices - I'm shooting for 15 - 20 apps per bundle at 29.99 - 39.99. Because the bundles will be available randomly, people can sign up to get an email notification (and only an email notification, that's the only time we'll email you).

I want it to be completely fair for developers so they are taking home 60% of gross revenue and an additional 10% goes to charity. I'm hoping to release a bundle very soon.

If you have a moment, I'd love feedback on the site and ideas to improve it. I put it up quickly to get the ball rolling.

Thanks,
pete

Perhaps customized bundles from the apps you sell and bundles of 10 and 20.

Customizing bundles would be a great way to go. I'm probably not going to pay $20 for a bundle of apps that are all unrelated. Now, if you've got a backup app, a document management app, an email app, etc... all bundled together in some sort of productivity package, then I'm interested. Same thing if you bundle 10 arcade type games together.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,
thanks for the feedback. My intentions to start are definitely to "theme" the bundles, i.e. productivity, games, etc. I've contacted a number of developers and hope the first bundle will be productivity related. i don't want to speak to what I think the bundle will include until I've confirmed with the developers but I think it will be an impressive bundle...

I'd love to be able to customize the bundles but at this point it might be tricky. Each developer will have to send licenses to everyone who buys a bundle - I think it might be pandemonium if I threw in teh customizations with the chaos of just starting up, but I like the idea of user/customer generated bundles.

Ultimately, I'd was thinking to move to a community based model where people vote apps in / out of a bundle and less of us dictating what's available. Ideally, we would open voting up for a month and have developers submit their apps and people would vote the apps up / down. At the end of the voting period, the top 10, 15, or 20 would be included in the bundle...

what do you think?

pete

Upvote 0
Thanks guys,
the bundle will definitely be focused on premium apps that are not currently free. Customized bundles is definitely something I'll be giving some thought to going forward. With trying to create buzz, get developers on board and make some sales, customized bundles would probably be too much for the first release but I like the idea of user generated bundles, along some lines....

Thanks for all the feedback!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones