• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android app controlled via tv remote control

Mihael Popov

Lurker
Jan 29, 2016
Hi
I'm sorry for my poor english

I have a question: is an android device (i stick or tv box) on which the application is installed, if the device is to connect the TV it is possible to operate this application via the TV remote?
Is it possible to achieve this by means of an android?

The site android tv I found the sample application is controlled through a remote control, but as I understand it only on TV with Android operating system.
Thanks!

Hi
I'm sorry for my poor english

I have a question: is an android device (i stick or tv box) on which the application is installed, if the device is to connect the TV it is possible to operate this application via the TV remote?
Is it possible to achieve this by means of an android?

The site android tv I found the sample application is controlled through a remote control, but as I understand it only on TV with Android operating system.
Thanks!

You're talking about CEC. If your TV supports CEC (might be called differently, eg on Philips its EasyLink), enable it and enable it on your box (assuming your box supports CEC) and thats it. No 3rd party apps needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones