• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android app for Nexus 4 and 7 to sync all stuff to my pc automatically?

mm43

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2010
I understand there is an app for iPhone that enables you to view and all your phone/tablets files on the computer.
The same principle as chrome bookmarks, they just appear.

Is there anything for Android to do that, that is simple to use?:thinking:

You'll have to ditch Colornote. You can't sync it. You'll have to use a Note app that actually syncs, like Evernote or Catch. As for folders on the sd card, Sugarsync can do it natively, or you can use Foldersync to connect it to Dropbox or other cloud storage apps.

I understand you're trying to copy icloud? Well they copied their features off Sugarsync and Dropbox anyway.

Reactions: mm43
Upvote 0
You'll have to ditch Colornote. You can't sync it. You'll have to use a Note app that actually syncs, like Evernote or Catch. As for folders on the sd card, Sugarsync can do it natively, or you can use Foldersync to connect it to Dropbox or other cloud storage apps.

I understand you're trying to copy icloud? Well they copied their features off Sugarsync and Dropbox anyway.

Thanks. Which is the most basic one? Don't want it to integrate with Facebook or anything.
Also if I ditch colornote,which is quite basic are the others just as simple?
So many apps have extras which I really don't want.

Upvote 0
Depends on the person I guess. I was weaned on OneNote on PC so practically every other notes app is either too basic or lacking for me. But EverNote is pretty easy to catch on.

Thanks.
Just downloaded Ever note half hour ago
Got 30 notes on it already. Found it simple for what I want.
Love the fact it syncs so fast between my nexus 4 amd 7.
How do I tell how much space I have left?
Also can I add webpage snips?

Upvote 0
Thanks.
Just downloaded Ever note half hour ago
Got 30 notes on it already. Found it simple for what I want.
Love the fact it syncs so fast between my nexus 4 amd 7.
How do I tell how much space I have left?
Also can I add webpage snips?

Just noticed it says you lose all your notes if you log out.
Is this true? If so it's not so good after all
I like to log out of everything when I am done.

Upvote 0
Just noticed it says you lose all your notes if you log out.
Is this true? If so it's not so good after all
I like to log out of everything when I am done.

Not true. The problem with the free version is that you cant save offline notes. To view your older notes if you log out, you have to be connected to the internet to download the notes. Honestly I dont see a reason to log out in evernote. You'll have to login everytime you make a note that its a hassle.

Reactions: mm43
Upvote 0
Not true. The problem with the free version is that you cant save offline notes. To view your older notes if you log out, you have to be connected to the internet to download the notes. Honestly I dont see a reason to log out in evernote. You'll have to login everytime you make a note that its a hassle.

But I could sign out of evernote on my pc , nexus phone and nexus 7 and not lose any notes then?
I have added them on wifi

Its just offline notes that it wont save?

just checking before I add more lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones