1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android app store for UK??

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DanialA, May 13, 2012.

1. DanialA

DanialA Lurker

Hi all,

It is for 2 days that i am looking for the UK version of android app store! Nothing!

As the large share of UK market was captured by Android, it is not reasonable that there is nothing for British people.

Does anybody know about the official webpage of android (google play) specially for UK?

Advertisement

2. linuxrich

linuxrich Well-Known Member

As I understand it, Google Play's regional variations are applied by Google. So, when you browse Google Play you're already looking at the UK specific 'version' purely because you're accessing the site/store from a UK IP address. Probably...

DanialA likes this.
  3. DanialA

DanialA Lurker

Thank you for your reply, but my problem is i am not in UK! for other app stores we can see UK version from here (Italy) but about Google, i don`t know!

4. linuxrich

linuxrich Well-Known Member

In which case, you'll need to find some way (UK proxy server?) of fooling Google Play into thinking you're in the UK as you'll presumably be seeing the Italian variation.

mikedt likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I tried using a UK proxy to access the UK Play store, doesn't work. I think the carrier might be giving things away somewhat e.g. "China Mobile Samsung i9000"

linuxrich likes this.