• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Applications update notifications

Tye

Aug 5, 2009
South East England
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is just my handset(s) but I have never received a notification to let me know an app has an update.

Initially I thought it could be something to do with the HTC Hero I owned but now i've upgraded to the HTC Desire I still do not receive them.

As default the "Notify me when items are updated" box is ticked so there isn't a problem there.

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe it depends on the version of Android your phone is running. I used to have Android 1.6 on my phone, and I received regularly update notices. However, now that I have reverted back to 1.5, I don't receive them anymore. I know that Android 1.5 and 1.6 have different versions of the Market. Along with update notices, the 1.6 version also have screen shot of the applications.

Upvote 0
That is correct, Android 1.5 had a different visual style to the market as apposed to anything from 1.6 onwards, but I am on 2.1 which is the same as the 1.6 market and yet I still do not receive notifications.

rgss06 - That is what I have to do now but there is an option to receive a notification in the notification bar to stop the need for going in and checking yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones