1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Apps on Internal Storage

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Philpense, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Philpense

Philpense Newbie

Have the PROSCAN PLT8802G-20140314. Just added a 32GB SD card. Would want to reinstall apps to this new internal storage. Manual not particularly good. Guidance sought. This is Android 4.2.2

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chef garry

chef garry Lurker

I'm not 100% I understand you correctly, but if I do go to settings\device\applications and go through each app. Select move to SD card. Not all apps can be moved but you can get many of them on the card this way.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

But very few android 4.2.2 devices will let you move the apps at all. That feature was dropped from Android several versions earlier, and while a few manufacturers added it back themselves in some of their phones it is not widespread.

So try what garry says, but if you don't have a "move to SD" option for apps you downloaded yourself (even a greyed-out button) that means your device does not support this, in which case you cannot move apps to SD at all unless you root the device.

BTW if you call a removable card "internal storage" it will cause confusion, as everyone will think you mean the device's own storage rather than a card. ;)

4. Philpense

Philpense Newbie

Much thanks for the reply. Regrettably that option does not present itself on this device. There are checkboxes that might have been able to perform such a task... regrettably, boxes simply cannot be checked. Have images uploaded to an online folder at:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...99&authkey=!AJLmcCRBJsMBesc&ithint=folder,JPG

If there are additional views of this device I can upload them. In the interim, I have learned about "rooting" the device. Have seen a few youtube videos but I would ask if there have been instances of 'wrecking' the device beyond. repair. Your informed opinion is appreciated