• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Apps on Internal Storage

But very few android 4.2.2 devices will let you move the apps at all. That feature was dropped from Android several versions earlier, and while a few manufacturers added it back themselves in some of their phones it is not widespread.

So try what garry says, but if you don't have a "move to SD" option for apps you downloaded yourself (even a greyed-out button) that means your device does not support this, in which case you cannot move apps to SD at all unless you root the device.

BTW if you call a removable card "internal storage" it will cause confusion, as everyone will think you mean the device's own storage rather than a card. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm not 100% I understand you correctly, but if I do go to settings\device\applications and go through each app. Select move to SD card. Not all apps can be moved but you can get many of them on the card this way.
Much thanks for the reply. Regrettably that option does not present itself on this device. There are checkboxes that might have been able to perform such a task... regrettably, boxes simply cannot be checked. Have images uploaded to an online folder at:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...99&authkey=!AJLmcCRBJsMBesc&ithint=folder,JPG

If there are additional views of this device I can upload them. In the interim, I have learned about "rooting" the device. Have seen a few youtube videos but I would ask if there have been instances of 'wrecking' the device beyond. repair. Your informed opinion is appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones