• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android apps shoule work across all devises

Ron Landers

Lurker
Jun 18, 2017
All Android Apps should work the same or be compatible across all devices. Isn't it all the same core code? Every App i have tried and installed across several Phones and Devices work differently on each phone or device. Some apps are not compatible across Phones or devices, and yet they use the same android version. seems very strange and stupid. Just my opinion.

nope......because of how fractured android is, some phones are on android 9 while some of the newer devices are on android 10. plus you have older devices that are on android 7 or 8. and it is up to the devs and not android or google to make sure their apps support the various versions.

Upvote 0
I'm always slightly surprised how how wide a range of devices most apps will work on. But there's more to device compatibility than just the android version, I'm afraid, and different behaviour on different systems may be the price of them working at all if they are running different versions of Android, or have wildly different display parameters or other hardware differences. Unfortunately there's not much you can do apart from contact the developer.

Personally I'm more often annoyed by apps that type to work the same on all devices: far too many Android apps try to run the same on a tablet as on a phone, which at best makes poor use of the screen, at worst may make them unusable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones