• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android apps you would like to see developed

There may already be a thread like this, but I haven't run across one so I figured I would start one up. Who knows, maybe some developers will run acr

A Yahoo Fantasy Baseball app would be cool!!
There's an app called fantasy tracker that does yahoo fantasy baseball for .99 not sure how good it is though.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I don't know if these would be apps or widgets:
1) An app that allows the calendar to call up addresses when you enter a contact's name.
2) An app that allows you to copy text in an existing email on the Gmail app.

Those two things hit me like a couple of liverpunches when I stumbled across them.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure the "better facebook" integration is really down to the Facebook and Android capabilities; for instance, why can't we upload videos to Facebook (without sending to that silly URL) ? The iPhone can do this. There's no reason why Android phones shouldn't be able to as well.

Upvote 0
Sleep Sound App - For those nights where you are in a hotel and need to drown out some noise or just want a calming sound to go to sleep to. The application would play music much like the sleep noise machines you can buy. For example it could play the sound of rain, waves crashing against the shore or rainforest sounds. It would have a sleep timer as well.QUOTE]

There seems to be an app for this...but I have not used or tried it. Just came across it last night while searching for something else.

MusicSleep (Demo Version) - Android app on AppBrain

Don't know about the different sound of rain etc...though.

There is also a paid version, for $1.59.

MusicSleep (Music Timer) - Android app on AppBrain

Try Lightning Bug it's free and really nice

Upvote 0
How about an app to turn our screens on and off when you put it in and out of the holster. A lot of these have a magnet. Can the magnetometer detect this? Just a thought.

Blackberry devices have that. I love this feature. Blackberry takes this further and enables you to have different sound/vibrate profiles (ie. one profile for when it's holstered, another when the phone is not.)

This is great for situations like:

Put phone on Vibrate when holstered (ie. you're at work/in a meeting.)
Put phone on full volume when not holstered (ie. you're at home.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones