1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Auto issues and more

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by necrochaos, Jun 20, 2017.

1. necrochaos

necrochaos Lurker

Today I started to have Android Auto problems for the first time. Here is the series of events today to help put things together.

I went to work, used Android Auto to navigate my way to work and listened to a podcast via PocketCasts. Everything was great.

While at work, I started getting Samsung Bixby updates that I couldn't avoid. My phone started acting a little weird, but after 15 minutes or so, all was good. My apps were all working properly that I could test.

Fast forward to 6PM. I got into my car after work. The car and phone acted like they have never seen each other before. I paired the bluetooth and downloaded my contacts into my car. All seemed fine. I used Android Auto to get my to my soccer game and avoid the construction traffic. Listened to the same podcast. All is well.

After the game, I get in my car and plug in my USB cable. Android Auto doesn't pop up as usual. Instead I get an MTP message asking how I wanted to connect this device to my phone (Charge only, transfer files, MIDI device, etc,) No matter what option I tried, I couldn't get Android Auto to come up.

So being an IT Guy, I rebooted my phone. Same luck. I then shut off the car, opened the door to get the radio to turn off. Same thing. I then did both, rebooted the car and phone, no luck. I drove the half hour home and tried again when I got in the driveway. No dice.

I'm going to try a different cable tomorrow, but that seems like an unlikely issue. My phone was still charging and I could play media via the media app in my car. I was able to listen to a podcast, but not as I normally do through Android Auto.,

My car is a 2017 Subaru Sport if that matters. No recent updates on it. The dealer updated all of the firmware in the car due to a recall about a month ago, but no issues since then.

Any other ideas would be helpful.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews