• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Auto works great after changing phones

M

Member282753

One of the main reasons I bought my 2015 Hyundai Sonata was because of the availability of Android Auto. I really looked forward to having this capability. It didn't take me long after owning it to be extremely disappointed. The interface was very sluggish, I would have trouble connecting it often, I would constantly get a messages that said "phone not responding" and my phone would not maintain a charge (in fact it would lose battery) while using Android Auto.

My phone was the LG G4.

I started having other problems with the G4 recently and so I finally gave up on it and bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I have to say that Android Auto is everything that I hoped it would be now. Same car, same cable and Android Auto is fast, the connection has been foolproof and the battery actually charges while I'm using it. I apologize to Hyundai and Google if I ever complained about the car or Android Auto being the problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones