• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android backups not working

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
I have a Pixel 5. I just noticed my backups have never backed up. The built in Google backup. I just tried turning off backup rebooting and re-enabling it. It still won't back up. I get a message "couldn't back up data. try again later." Any ideas?

Wi-Fi is much faster than cellular internet, and provides a more stable signal.
That does depend on where you are. I know people whose WiFi is less stable than the cellular connection where I live generally is, and there are a lot of people with WiFi that's slower than a strong 4G connection. But I agree that it's worth a try.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Well I have line of sight to a 4G antenna from the front of my house, so can reliably get 120 Mb/s down plus 10-20 Mb/s up over LTE. That's less than my WiFi, but my home WiFi is faster than average for the UK (though would be considered slow in say Singapore).

Conversely I have family members both in the UK and in the US whose WiFi is frequently unstable on a Zoom call (while I have often done such things using a mobile hotspot from various places without problems). So I agree that as a general rule I'd use WiFi first, but there are enough exceptions that I'd not make a blanket statement.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones