• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Battery Saver Apps Competition: Android Forums Style (Please recast your votes)

What is the most EPIC battery saver app/widget?

• 2x Battery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go Master Power

• Dolphin Battery Saver

• Battery Defender

• One Touch Battery Saver

• Battery Dr Saver & a task killer

• Gauge Battery Widget

• BatteryTime

• Total voters
Well, the battery defender i was using just had to go. it was interfering with the phone's ability to use wifi even when I told it to directly. I will try another and let you know how it goes (if you're interested). I don't mind being a guinea pig and trying them one by one until I find one that a newbie (me) can use. ;)

Upvote 0
Well, the battery defender i was using just had to go. it was interfering with the phone's ability to use wifi even when I told it to directly. I will try another and let you know how it goes (if you're interested). I don't mind being a guinea pig and trying them one by one until I find one that a newbie (me) can use. ;)

Thanks for helping us all out. :) I'm surprised battery defender has good ratings... I am using Juice Defender Ultimate and I am starting to lose faith in it. I might just use no battery saving apps and just undervolt.

Upvote 0
From the sounds of it you guys need to take a look at what is using your battery. It looks to me like you probably have some rogue apps.

It's not unheard of for my phone to stay at 100% for 4-5 hours after taking it off the charger if I'm not using it much.

I've personally always been of the mindset that having an app constantly running to help save battery life is actually just going to hurt it

Upvote 0
From the sounds of it you guys need to take a look at what is using your battery. It looks to me like you probably have some rogue apps.

It's not unheard of for my phone to stay at 100% for 4-5 hours after taking it off the charger if I'm not using it much.

I've personally always been of the mindset that having an app constantly running to help save battery life is actually just going to hurt it

I doubt I have any rogue apps. I have avast! mobile security, it should detect rogue apps. Do you know any apps that are rogue? I'll check my phone for them.

Upvote 0
Here's my "battery" screenshot. I just pulled it off the charger now. Oh, and I have my screen brightness set to the lowest possible setting.

Attachments

• 2013-01-19 19.56.35.png
    2013-01-19 19.56.35.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
Here's what is using my battery and the apps I have. Sorry it took so long, I had to re size all of them. :( Oh yeah, my screen is at the lowest setting possible.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.png
    2.png
    92 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.png
    3.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 4.png
    4.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 5.png
    5.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 6.png
    6.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 7.png
    7.png
    117 KB · Views: 73
  • 8.png
    8.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 9.png
    9.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0
Here's my "battery" screenshot. I just pulled it off the charger now. Oh, and I have my screen brightness set to the lowest possible setting.

Try getting a battery saving app called Juice Defender. It has the option to force the screen to be even darker than the brightness setting in settings will. I think it can make it up to -60%.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, well Google Maps chewed up 25% of your battery. How much did you use Google Maps during the period described in that screenshot?
If not at all or not much, then I would use Gemini Apps manager to disable it from starting at boot... it's keeping your phone awake.

If you are having excess battery drain while the phone is idle, two programs come to mind to help figure out the cause:
1 - Better Battery Stats. Uses no significant resources itself, but a little tough to figure out.
2 - Badass Battery Monitor (actually they changed the name to GSAM Monitor, but Badass is much easier to remember). Will tell what programs are keeping the phone awake and using battery. It does use a lot of resources itself, so after you figure out you're problem you'll want to stop the program from monitoring.

Rogue app is not the same as malware app. I think usually people use that term to describe program that is out of control. Good programs can get confused and suck your battery down (Dolphin browser has done it to my phone). It's gone rogue. Good programs can also have an unfriendly battery impact during normal operation (like Google Maps).

Upvote 0
If you are having excess battery drain while the phone is idle, two programs come to mind to help figure out the cause:
1 - Better Battery Stats. Uses no significant resources itself, but a little tough to figure out.
2 - Badass Battery Monitor (actually they changed the name to GSAM Monitor, but Badass is much easier to remember). Will tell what programs are keeping the phone awake and using battery. It does use a lot of resources itself, so after you figure out you're problem you'll want to stop the program from monitoring.

Both of those apps are great for pinning down what exactly is using the battery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones